Online Course for $95.00
Your Course URL’s and login details will be emailed you upon payment via PayPal
Virtual Assistant Training Course Description
In this introductory online Virtual Assistant Training Course you will learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for providing virtual assistant services and getting started setting up a Virtual Assistant Business. The course covers what a virtual assistant does, what skills are in demand today and how to discover your own niche offering. This Virtual Assistant Training course will also teach you how to provide virtual assistant services including how to get and keep clients. Topics covered include how to find your niche service offering, set your rates, how to create a business plan and how to network and find clients.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant (VA) is an independent contractor who provides services to individuals and small and medium sized businesses via the internet. As virtual assistants only charge for the hours they work, more and more self-employed individuals, entrepreneurs, and small business owners across all industries are reaping huge savings and benefits by hiring them. These benefits include increased productivity, savings in office real estate space, employee benefits, training and more.
Virtual Assistant Training Course Objectives
This course includes 9 weekly modules and focuses on the most important skills required for setting up a Virtual Assistant business. Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of what is a Virtual Assistant and what a virtual assistant does
- Describe the services a virtual assistant provides
- Understand the importance of soft skills and why you need them as a VA
- Take an inventory of your existing hard skills and determine your niche offering
- Determine how to set your rates based on your skill level
- Know the tools you absolutely must have and how to obtain them affordably or for free
- Demonstrate how to establish an online presence
- Know how to set up your online business and develop a business plan
- Understand the steps to marketing and pitching your services
- Perform a professional client consultation
- Use a contract when working with clients
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE VIRTUAL ASSISTANT BUSINESS
- What is a virtual assistant?
- What a virtual assistant does
- What does it take to be a virtual assistant?
- Benefits of being a virtual assistant
- Benefits to clients
- Who hires virtual assistants?
- Self employment considerations
MODULE 2: SOFT SKILLS YOU NEED AS VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
- What are soft skills and why do you need them?
- What is professionalism and why is it so important?
- Soft skills you need to possess as a VA
- Building client relationships with soft skills
- Actively listening and establishing good communication channels
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- The importance of time management
MODULE 3: HARD SKILLS AND FINDING YOUR NICHE
- What is a Niche?
- What are Hard Skills?
- How do you Find your Niche?
- Virtual Assistant Skills Assessment
MODULE 4 – TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Work at Home Equipment
- Tools you absolutely must have to set up your business and how to get them
MODULE 5 – SETTING YOUR RATES
- Determining your rates
- How to Charge (Hourly vs. Retainer/Package)
- Advantages and disadvantages of different ways to charge
- How to Invoice your clients
- Ways to get paid
- How to get paid on time
MODULE 6: SETTING UP YOUR VA BUSINESS
- Types of business entities. Advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Naming your business
- Registering a fictitious business name
- Licenses and other business basics
- Creating a simple business plan
MODULE 7 – ESTABLISHING YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE
- Why is social media so important?
- Establishing an online presence via social media
- What’s required to start your own website
MODULE 8: NETWORKING AND FINDING CLIENTS
- How to find clients
- Pitching your services
MODULE 9: WORKING WITH CLIENTS
- How to do a client consultation
- Communicating with clients
- Contracts and Agreements
- What to do after you get a client
All courses offered on officeskills.org are offered in the office skills collaborative online classroom. The Office Skills Collaborative Online Classroom is a fun and interactive way to learn Office Skills. Get the benefit of learning online while being in a classroom environment with an instructor, other students, discussion forums, chat rooms, lectures, presentations and video demonstrations.
Our courses are all real classes, not just video tutorials. All classes will include hands-on practice exercises, skill builders and assignments you can upload to receive feedback from your instructor. Learn at your own pace and when it is convenient for you with our Anytime, Anywhere policy.
Self-paced courses allow students to work on the course material at their own pace with the assistance of an instructor as needed. Students are not pressured to complete the course within a set timeframe so they are able to complete assignments at their own pace at a time and place that is convenient for them. Students have up to six months to complete any course.
Receive a certificate upon completion if you complete all the requirements.
For further information or if you’d like to be notified when this virtual assistant course become available for registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.