Today Microsoft announced the release of Office 2016 for Windows and Office 2016 for Mac as a one-time purchase option. The focus of the release is on better collaboration, more simplified sharing and the ability to easily use Office across all your devices. Here are just some of the new features and capabilities in Office 2016:
- Co-Authoring – if you work with others on documents, you will now be able to see others “edits” in Word, PowerPoint and OneNote during the actual editing process
- Simplified Sharing – You will now be able to share right from within your documents or use the new modern attachments feature in Outlook
- Office across all your devices – You will now be able to review, edit, analyze and present your Office 2016 documents across any of your devices including from your PC, Mac, Windows, Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- Windows Hello allows you to sign into your PC and Office 365 with a simple look or touch
- Tell Me feature where you simply tell Word, Excel or PowerPoint what you want to do or find and Tell Me helps you quickly locate it
- New modern chart-types in Excel as well as integrated publishing to Power Bl.
- OneDrive Cloud storage displays your most recently used documents list which allows you to pick up right where you left off on any device
- Upgrades to Outlook including Office 365 Groups now being part of Outlook allowing individuals to create public or private teams.
While Office 2016 is optimized to work best for Windows 10, it supports PCs running Windows 7 or later and Macs running Mac OS X 10.10. For more information, including requirements for iPad®and Android™ tablets, view full system requirements.
More information about the new Office 2016 can be found on office.com/2016.