Microsoft has created some good basic Microsoft OneNote tutorials to show you how to get started using OneNote. These short videos can be viewed online and cover the basics steps to follow on how to get started using the latest version of OneNote.
OneNote is a digital notebook and a perfect app for capturing pretty much everything you have on your mind. For example, you can type notes or record audio at your laptop, sketch or write ideas on your tablet and add pictures from your phone. The great thing about OneNote notebooks is that you never run out of paper. Notes are also easy to organize, print, and share, and searching for and finding your notes is extremely easy. Because your notebooks are stored online, you can easily get to them from any of your mobile devices.
OneNote also has several built-in academic and business templates that can be used for a variety of projects including taking notes for meetings. These templates, such as the Formal Meeting Notes Template, can be accessed from the Insert tab > Page Templates icon on the Ribbon.
Microsoft OneNote Tutorials
In the Create a Notebook in OneNote tutorial, Microsoft experts share how to get started with OneNote by typing information in your notebook and taking handwritten notes or drawing your ideas. You will also learn how to use highlighting and tags and how to share notebooks to collaborate with others.
For example, many times we’re asked the question of how to stay organized both at home and in the workplace and this question is answered in the “OneNote Video Training” that consists of over 23 videos that covers everything from how to take notes to staying organized and sharing your notes with others. How to use OneNote on mobile devices is also covered.
What’s the difference between OneNote and OneNote 2016 – This article provides information about the difference between the two Windows versions of OneNote.
Basic tasks in OneNote for Windows 10 Tutorial- This article summarizes the basic tasks and commands to help get you started with OneNote for Windows 10.
Basic tasks in OneNote 2016 for Windows – Basic tasks to get you started with OneNote.
OneNote for the Web – Tips to help you get started using OneNote for the Web, the online version of OneNote.
Microsoft OneNote Tutorials – E-Books
Microsoft is currently offering a free download of some handy OneNote e-books that will guide you on how to Get Started using OneNote. Note: OneNote was previously called OneNote 2016. Depending on your computer’s operating system, you may need to install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software to open, view, or print the eBooks.
OneNote Essentials E-Book from Microsoft
The first e-Book, OneNote Essentials, presents a nice overview and introduction to OneNote and covers a range of helpful material for getting started using OneNote or learning more skills if you’re already familiar. Subjects covered include what is OneNote and how does it simplify modern note-taking?, How to navigate the OneNote app and its notebooks and best practices for creating and sharing notes
If you haven’t started working in the Cloud and using OneDrive yet, you can learn more about it and how to sign up for your Microsoft account here.
The download is 9.9 MB in size and available in PDF format. Download here >>
The eBook is broken down into the following 7 sections:
- OneNote across various different platforms (MAC, Windows, Web, Android
- The Basics
- How to Customize the OneNote Interface
- How to give Notes structure
- How to take Notes in OneNote
- How to use Tags and Search in OneNote
- How to Export and Send Notes
OneNote Team Collaboration E-Book
The second eBook is OneNote for Team Collaboration which is full of handy tips to help you find a better, or faster way of doing something in Outlook 2016. This eBook will explain how OneNote facilitates easy collaboration through sharing, how to use OneNote together with Microsoft Teams and how to use the mobile OneNote apps.
he download is 17.5 MB in size and available in PDF format. Download here >>
The E-Book is broken down into 3 sections:
- How OneNote facilitates easy collaboration through sharing
- How to use OneNote together with Microsoft Teams
- How to use the mobile OneNote apps
OneNote 2016 Tips and Tricks
The third eBook is OneNote 2016 Tips and Tricks created for both existing and new users who are seeking those hidden features, shortcuts, techniques, and timesavers that will make using OneNote 2016 for Windows so much easier. This informative eBook contains the following 16 sections:
- Get to your notes fast
- Add a design when creating new pages
- Add guides for handwriting and drawing
- indent and outdent with shortcut keys
- Rearrange your thoughts and ideas
- Tag important notes for easy follow-up
- Take action on tagged notes
- Skip the calculator and do math in any note
- Take screen clippings and instantly file them
- Don’t feel like typing? record audio!
- Search audio notes just like normal text
- Add a table of contents to a notebook
- Build a wiki with easy links
- Swap the page list from right to left
- Keep your notebook structure visible
- Put a digital sticky note on your screen
The download is 1.4 MB in size and available in PDF format. Download here >>
OneNote for Meetings E-Book
The fourth e-book, OneNote for Meetings contains the following sections
- How templates can help to streamline note-taking in meetings
- How to take notes in meetings with OneNote
- How to share and track meeting notes in OneNote, Outlook, and Teams
The download is 1.6 MB in size and available in PDF format. Download here >>