The General Receptionist Online Course will help you obtain the basic office skills and soft skills necessary to perform professionally and efficiently the daily duties required of a receptionist.
General Receptionist Online Course
$95.00 for General Receptionist Course
Your course URL and login credentials will be emailed to you upon registration via PayPal.
General Receptionist Course Description
Learn valuable skills in demand in today’s modern Office. The General Receptionist Skills Online Course will help you obtain the basic office skills and soft skills necessary to perform professionally and efficiently the daily duties required of a receptionist. The objective of this receptionist training program is to provide professional development classes to students who wish to learn office skills online in a non traditional online classroom where they can gain professional development skills needed to explore the fast-growing world of computer technology in the modern office.
General Receptionist Duties:
A receptionist is a person who supports management at all levels of the organization and generally greets the public and answers the company telephone. Their interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette and communication skills are extremely important in greeting clients, responding to inquiries and representing the company. A High school diploma or equivalent is usually required.
- Adobe Flash Player or equivalent so you can view the Video Lessons. You can download the latest version at the following link: Adobe Flash Player.
This course includes 8 weekly lessons and focuses on the most important skills for the General Receptionist. Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand what is a Receptionist and their day to day responsibilities
- Learn the most common duties of the Receptionist and the best way to handle them
- Understand the importance of attitude and personal appearance of the Receptionist
- Gain effective listening skills
- Gain communication skills and how to deal with difficult people
- Master Basic Telephone Skills including how to answer the telephone professionally and enthusiastically, how to transfer calls effectively without annoying customers, how to appropriately use the customer’s name during the call. Students will also learn the best way to place a customer on hold, transfer the caller to another person, deal with multiple callers and how to end the call in a positive manner.
- Learn how to properly take messages and use voice mail.
- Learn techniques on how to deal with angry or difficult customers
This office skills course is hosted in the Office Skills Collaborative Online Classroom. Concepts are reinforced through-out the module and worksheets are available for students to practice their skills. Students learn at their own pace and when it is convenient for them with our Anytime, Anywhere policy. Students have up to six months to complete the course.
For questions about the Telephone Etiquette and Customer Service Training course contact firstname.lastname@example.org