There are literally hundreds of attractive, professionally designed Office Templates that are available through Office.com that can be accessed via the File > New option in Word 2013 and Word 2016. Word makes it easy for you to search for the exact template you need and you can then modify the template to suit your needs. These templates can come in really handy when you are tasked with creating a last minute invitation or flyer for a variety of office or business functions.
The following tutorial illustrates how to create a Valentine’s Day Sale Invitation using an Invitation Template from office.com. You can follow these instructions as explained below or modify the template for your own needs.
- Click the File Tab and then click New
- In the backstage view, type Valentine Invitation in the search text box and then press the ENTER key on your keyboard. Thumbnails showing the available templates will appear.
- Double click the Valentines Day Swearheart Pie Auction Invitation thumbnail to open the template
- Click anywhere in the [Company Name] placeholder and then type Newtown Bakery.
- Click anywhere in the placeholder text Sweaheart Pie and Supper Auction and type Annual Valentine’s Bake Sale. Continue modifying the invitation by clicking in the placeholders as explained below.
- Click anywhere in the placeholder text All proceeds to Children’s Hospital and type 50% off most baked goods.
- Select the Tickets placeholder and tap the delete key to remove this text from the flyer
- Click the 6:00 PM placeholder and type 10:00 a.m.
- Click the street address placeholder and then type 2665 High Street.
- Click the City, ST Zip Code placeholder and then type Newtown, CA 99999
- Click the at placeholder next to Name and then type Ms. Sylvia Buntin
- Click the email placeholder and then type email@example.com
- Click the phone number placeholder and then type 650-555-1212
Your final flyer should look like the following:
- Click the File Tab and then click Save As
- Navigate to where you want to save your invitation on your drive and then type valentines-flyer.