This administrative assistant online course will help you obtain the technical and interpersonal skills necessary to perform professionally and efficiently the daily duties required of an administrative office professional.
Administrative Office Professional Level 1 Bundle for $195.00
Your Course URLs and login details will be emailed you upon payment via PayPal
What’s Included in the Administrative Office Professional Online Course?
The objective of this Administrative Assistant Online Course is to provide professional development classes to students who wish to learn office skills online in a non traditional online classroom where they can gain the professional development skills needed to explore the fast-growing world of computer technology in the modern office.
These administrative office professional courses will help students examine the attitudes, skills and knowledge needed to enter the workforce as an administrative assistant including, keyboarding, ethics, communication, teamwork, problem solving and creating written documentation using microsoft word.
Learn how to become an administrative assistant online and develop the essential soft skills and office skills required in business. Throughout your online courses, you’ll learn how to create professional business documents, like letters, memos and reports. Your administrative professional bundle includes:
- Beginning Keyboarding
- Soft Skills for Administrative Professionals
- Creating Business Documents with Word.
The course is Open Entry/Open Exit so you can join the courses at any time and begin learning right away.
What is an Administrative Assistant?
An administrative assistant is one who performs routine clerical and organizational tasks. They arrange files, prepare documents, schedule appointments, and support other staff.
What Does an Administrative Assistant Do?
For the Administrative Assistant who wants to get ahead in the 21st century, basic office skills competency is no longer enough. It’s now important that Administrative Professionals not only be technically savvy but also socially competent. Having the soft skills necessary to be able to communicate clearly and get along with their coworkers, colleagues, supervisors and clients is now more essential than ever. According bls.gov, typical responsibilities of Administrative Professionals include::
- Answer telephones and take messages or transfer calls
- Schedule appointments and update event calendars
- Arrange staff meetings
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Prepare memos, invoices, or reports
- Edit documents
- Maintain databases and filing systems
- Perform basic bookkeeping
According to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Handbook the median annual wage for secretaries and administrative assistants was $39,680 in May 2021. This may vary significantly depending on the region of employment and the level of responsibility the job entails. The Bureau also states that overall employment of secretaries and administrative assistants is expected to decline 7 percent from 2020 to 2030. Despite declining employment, about 324,300 openings for secretaries and administrative assistants are projected each year, on average, over the next decade.
Secretaries and administrative assistants work in nearly every industry. Most secretaries and administrative assistants work in offices. Some administrative assistants work out of their own homes as virtual assistants according to bls.gov
- You will need Microsoft Office 365. 30 Day Free Trials are available at the following link: Microsoft Office Free Trials. Please note: Depending on the course(s) you are enrolled in, this may not be long enough to complete your course.
- A reliable internet connection.
Administrative Office Professional Course Objectives
This course focuses on the technical and interpersonal skills needed to enter the workforce as an administrative office professional. At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Assess the demand for administrative professionals. Describe the skills, attitudes and values employers want. Describe company culture and organizational structures in business.
- Differentiate between soft skills and hard skills. Understand the importance of soft skills and how to act with professionalism.
- Become aware of ethics in the workplace, how to maintain a positive attitude and build a solid work ethic by finding gratitude and value in the job you are doing.
- Develop essential communication skills and describe the six communication methods used today. Students will also become aware of the barriers to good communication and how to overcome them.
- Understand the importance of why you should listen and describe the four elements of good listening. Students will also become aware of the barriers to good listening and apply ways to actively listen and improve their listening skills.
- Describe what is a positive and professional attitude and identify what impacts ones attitude. Understand the five steps to transmitting a positive attitude and identify ways to improve ones attitude.
- Apply the five steps to problem solving using critical thinking skills and recognize the importance of time management
- Understand the importance of teamwork and how to become a team player. Become aware of team dynamics, team development and different personality types one can encounter when working on a team.
- Look at ways to cope with change and how to become more adaptable and flexible at work.
- Master Keyboarding at 40 words per minute using the Alphabetic and Common Symbol keys on the QUERTY keyboard with the Edutyping Software program.
- Understand the Microsoft Word Program Working Environment and be able to create, save, format, edit, view and print a variety of business documents including letters, memos and reports.