The Administrative Office Professional Level 1 Online Course prepares students with the technical and interpersonal skills needed to enter the workforce as an administrative office professional. The lessons include an Introduction to the administrative professional career, soft skills for administrative professionals, Keyboarding and Microsoft Word.
These administrative office professional courses will help students examine the attitudes, skills and knowledge needed to enter the workforce as an administrative office professional including, keyboarding, ethics, communication, teamwork, problem solving and creating written documentation using Microsoft word.
This course focuses on the technical and interpersonal skills needed to enter the workforce as an administrative office professional. At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Assess the demand for administrative professionals. Describe the skills, attitudes and values employers want. Describe company culture and organizational structures in business.
- Differentiate between soft skills and hard skills. Understand the importance of soft skills and how to act with professionalism.
- Become aware of ethics in the workplace, how to maintain a positive attitude and build a solid work ethic by finding gratitude and value in the job you are doing.
- Develop essential communication skills and describe the six communication methods used today. Students will also become aware of the barriers to good communication and how to overcome them.
- Understand the importance of why you should listen and describe the four elements of good listening. Students will also become aware of the barriers to good listening and apply ways to actively listen and improve their listening skills.
- Describe what is a positive and professional attitude and identify what impacts ones attitude. Understand the five steps to transmitting a positive attitude and identify ways to improve ones attitude.
- Apply the five steps to problem solving using critical thinking skills and recognize the importance of time management
- Understand the importance of teamwork and how to become a team player. Become aware of team dynamics, team development and different personality types one can encounter when working on a team.
- Look at ways to cope with change and how to become more adaptable and flexible at work.
- Master Keyboarding at 40 words per minute using the Alphabetic and Common Symbol keys on the QUERTY keyboard with the Edutyping Software program.
- Understand the Microsoft Word Program Working Environment and be able to create, save, format, edit, view and print a variety of business documents including letters, memos and reports.
What is an Administrative Professional?
An administrative professional is one who performs routine clerical and organizational tasks. They arrange files, prepare documents, schedule appointments, and support other staff.
What Does an Administrative Professional Do?:
For the Administrative Professional who wants to get ahead in the 21st century, basic office skills competency is no longer enough. It’s now important that Administrative Professionals not only be technically savvy but also socially competent. Having the soft skills necessary to be able to communicate clearly and get along with their coworkers, colleagues, supervisors and clients is now more essential than ever. To improve your office skills today, take the Administrative Office Professional online course on officeskills.org.
This course is taught in the Office Skills Collaborative Online Classroom. The Office Skills Collaborative Online Classroom is a fun and interactive way to learn Soft Skills. Get the benefit of learning online while being in a classroom environment with an instructor, other students, discussion forums, chat rooms, lectures, presentations and video demonstrations.