Creating a Resume, Letterhead and Cover Letter
Students will have mastered the material in this project when they can:
- Create a resume using Word’s Resume Wizard
- Fill in a document template
- Use print preview to view and print a document
- Set and use tab stops
- Collect and paste using the Clipboard task pane
- Format paragraphs and characters
- Remove formatting from text
- Identify the components of a business letter
- Insert the current date
- Insert a Word table, enter data into the table, and format the table
Lecture/Demo - You need to be enrolled in the Ecourse to view demos
- View the following resources on Resume Writing
- View the following demo tutorial - Creating a resume, letterhead and a coverpage.
Practice Exercises from Book:
(Once you get your book, download exercise files here.)
Do the following exercises from Chaper 3"Creating a Resume Using a Wizard and a Cover Letter with a Table " in the textbook.
- Apply Knowledge 1.1 Working with Tabs and Tables - Page WD 205
- In the Lab 1 - Create a Cover Letter with a Table - Page WD 209
- In the Lab 2 - Create a Resume from a Template- Page WD 210
Assignment: (Required for Certificate)
- Create A Resume, Letterhead and Cover Letterhead four yourself. Refer to the guidelines on Resume Writing for guidance. Bring to class or upload for ecourse.