Beginning Microsoft Word 2010
Microsoft Word 2010
This e-course is an introduction to Microsoft Word 2010. Microsoft Word 2010 is a word-processing program, designed to help you create professional-quality documents. With the finest document-formatting tools, Word helps you organize and write your documents more efficiently. Word also includes powerful editing and revising tools so that you can collaborate with others easily.
You will first get familiar with the Word 2010 working environment including the ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar. You will learn how to work with files in Word including creating and saving documents. You will learn how to edit the text in a document by inserting and deleting text, copying and pasting a phrase and moving a paragraph. You will learn how to make your documents look professional and attractive using built-in Quick Styles, text effects and themes. You will also learn how to present information in columns, tables and tabbed lists and insert and modify graphic using some the Word 2010 new tools.
Be familiar with the keyboard and typing. Knowledge of the Internet, uploading files and operating systems.
- You will need Microsoft Office 2010. 60 Day Free Trials are available at the following link: Microsoft Office 2010 Free Trials. Please note: Depending on the course(s) you are enrolled in, this may not be long enough to complete your course.
- Adobe Flash Player so you can view the Video Lessons. You can download the latest version at the following link: Adobe Flash Player.
- Adobe Reader to view the pdf presentation files is available at the following link: Adobe Reader Download
Recommended Book: Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Step by Step (Step By Step (Microsoft)). The instructor will assign reading and practice exercises from this book.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the Microsoft Word 2010 Program Working Environment
- Work with word files including creating, saving, editing and viewing files
- Edit and proofread text in a word document
- Format professional looking documents using quick styles, text effects, themes, paragraph alignment, indentation, spacing, borders and shading and bulleted lists
- Present information into columns, tables and tabbed lists
- Insert and modify graphics, add a document background, quickly format a report using building blocks and insert and format WordArt text
- Prepare documents for print and electronic distribution
Lesson 1 - Exploring Office 2010 and Working With Files - Students will learn how to:
- Work in the Word 2010 Program Environment
- Create and Save Files
- Open, move around in, and close files
- View files in different ways
Lesson 2 - Editing and Proofreading Text. Students will learn how to:
- Make text changes
- Find and replace text
- Fine-tune text
- Correct spelling and grammatical errors
- Insert saved text
Lesson 3 - Change the Look of Text. Students will learn how to:
- Format text efficiently
- Change a documents theme
- Manually change the look of characters and paragraphs
- Create and modify lists
Lesson 4 - Organize Information in Columns and Tables. Students will learn how to:
- Present information in columns
- Create tabbed lists
- Present information in tables
- Format tables
Lesson 5 - Add Simple Graphic Elements and prepare documents for print - Students will learn how to:
- Insert and modify pictures
- Change a document's background
- Format a report using building blocks
- Add WordArt text
- Print preview and adjust page layout
- Control what appears on each page
- Print documents
- Prepare documents for electronic distribution