Beginning Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel 2010
This e-course is an introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010. Microsoft Excel 2010 is an electronic spreadsheet program that allows you to work with data and numbers in an efficient manner and is designed to help you create a variety of projects including budgets, databases, lists, invoices, tables, charts and more.
You'll first get familiar with the Excel Office 2010 program working environment including the ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar. You will learn how to work with spreadsheets in Excel including creating and saving workbooks and modifying your workbook and worksheets. You'll learn how to work with data and Excel tables, create and use formulas and change your workbook appearance by using the built in styles and themes in Excel. Filtering data in an Excel worksheet will also be explored.
Be familiar with the keyboard and typing. Knowledge of the Internet, uploading files and operating systems.
- You will need Microsoft Office 2010. 60 Day Free Trials are available at the following link: Microsoft Office 2010 Free Trials. Please note: Depending on the course(s) you are enrolled in, this may not be long enough to complete your course.
- Adobe Flash Player so you can view the Video Lessons. You can download the latest version at the following link: Adobe Flash Player.
- Adobe Reader to view pdf presentation files is available at the following link: Adobe Reader Download
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Create and modify workbooks and worksheets
- Move around within a workbook including entering and revising data and defining and organizing your data in Excel Tables
- Create formulas, summarize data into totals and grand totals and find and correct errors
- Modifying the workbook appearance using format cells, styles, themes and table styles.
- Using filters to control what appears on your screen
Lesson 1 - Intro to Excel and Setting up a Workbook
- Create and modify a workbook
- Create and modify multiple worksheets
- Move around in a worksheet
- Customize the Excel working environment including customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
Lesson 2 - Working with Data and Excel Tables
- Entering and changing data in a worksheet
- Moving data within a workbook
- Finding and replacing data
- Correcting and Expanding upon Worksheet Data
- Defining Excel Tables
Lesson 3 - Summing Data and Performing Calculations using formulas
- Naming groups of data
- Creating formulas to calculate values
- Summarizing data that meets specific conditions
- Finding and correcting errors in calculations
Lesson 4 - Applying Styles and Formatting Techniques
- Formatting cells
- Defining styles
- Applying workbook themes and Excel Table styles
- Making numbers easier to read
- Using Conditional formatting
- Adding images and charts to worksheets
Lesson 5 - Working with Data in a Spreadsheet
- Filtering data
- Manipulating worksheet data including
- Selecting list rows at Random
- Summarizing worksheets with hidden and filtered rows
- Finding unique values within a data set