Upon completion of a course of study in Office Skills, students
should be able to:
- Operate a computer and gain Keyboarding Skills
- Turn on and off the computer properly and run a computer
the keyboard and mouse
mastery of the keyboard. This comprehensive course focuses on learning the QWERTY keyboard thoroughly to prepare you for more advanced skill building techniques. Once you master the basic skills, you’ll become faster and more confident at typing. View Syllabus.
- Know Basic Windows Skills
of the Windows desktop
the the mouse; move and resize windows
files, work with files, customize window
parts of the computer.
- Understand Alphabetizing/Filing
- Use MS Office Applications
- Beginning Word Processing: Topics introduced include the Ribbon interface, working with text, printing, using proofreading tools, creating bulleted and numbered lists, tables, and more. View Syllabus.
- Intermediate/Advanced Word Processing,
- Creating presentations using PowerPoint. Topics introduced include the Ribbon interface, document themes, bulleted lists, outlines, formatting text, printing presentations, transitions, clip art and graphics, charts, slide show delivery, and more. View Syllabus.
- Beginning Spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel. Topics introduced include the Ribbon interface; entering and editing data; selecting cells and ranges; printing worksheets; creating formulas and functions; formatting cell contents; inserting and deleting columns, rows, and cells; charts; and more. View Syllabus.
- Intermediate/Advanced Spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Gain Knowledge in Databases using Microsoft Access
- Topics introduced include the Ribbon interface, creating tables in Datasheet view, previewing and printing data, designing databases, creating database objects, formatting tables, lookup fields, field properties, queries, and more. View Syllabus.
- Essential Telephone Etiquette
- Learn the most important and fundamental telephone skills for every service professional including: How to answer the telephone professionally and enthusiastically. How to transfer calls effectively, without annoying customers. How to appropriately use the customer's name during the call. How to take messages professionally and accurately. How to make outbound calls in a courteous and professional manner. Tthe best way to place a customer on hold and more. View Syllabus.